I am constantly making this chicken parmesan recipe at our house. I absolutely love eating chicken parmesan with pasta and it is such a simple recipe. Below you will find all of our ingredients and step by step instructions.
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Anyone who knows me knows that I am not real big on cooking. It is probably because I do not know how to unless the recipe is very simple. Most recipes that I come across I don’t even know what some of the ingredients are let alone where to find them in a grocery store. Maybe I should take cooking lessons?!? Well, anyways, here is my simple chicken parmesan recipe!
Chicken Parmesan Recipe Ingredients:
- Cooking Spray
- 1lb Boneless skinless chicken breast – cut into 4 separate pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce (Shh… I use Ragu!)
Chicken Parmesan Recipe Directions:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
- Coat a glass baking pan with cooking spray let sit then add a little bit of your sauce to the bottom of the pan.
- Put eggs into a shallow bowl big enough for you to put your chicken into. Get another shallow bowl and combine your breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a large skillet thoroughly with your cooking spray and add the olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot add the chicken and until lightly browned and no longer pink. This will happen quickly so make sure you do not burn the outside.
- Place chicken into pan. Use the rest of your sauce and pour on top of the chicken. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with the mozzarella and the parmesan cheese. Bake 25 minutes.
- I like to add a little bit more mozzarella cheese when there is about 2 minutes left.
Here are some other great recipes to try:
What else do you use in your chicken parmesan recipe, please share in the comments below.