Are you excited for Fall but need some frugal fall decorating tips? Below you will find some great ideas and tips for decorating your home for Fall.
I love everything Fall! The falling leaves, the crisp air, apple cider and all things pumpkin put me in a wonderful mood. I love to decorate for fall but I don’t like to spend money on overpriced fall decor. I put together this list of frugal Fall decorating tips so that you can surround yourself with the beauty of Fall without leaving your wallet empty.
Frugal Fall Decorating Tips:
- Colors like burnt orange, rich gold, warm brown, and deep red instantly make me feel like it’s fall. You can find some really nice traditional decorations at the dollar store as well as purchasing items to make your own decorations. I always like picking out a large glass or clear plastic jar. I buy bags of fall colored beads or stones and layer them in the jar for a frugal Fall centerpiece. I also pick up napkins, plates, spoons and forks in fall colors. The savings on these items will shock you!
- Another way to save money on fall decorations is to go pumpkin picking. For the price of a large store bought pumpkin you can bring home several different pumpkins in assorted sizes. I put them all over the house, in places like on the mantle, table centerpieces surrounded by colorful fall leaves and on the porch or front steps. You can carve them and make Jack-O-Lanterns or a unique design. I leave them uncarved because they last longer. Nothing says Fall to me like pumpkins!
- Use sofa and chair covers, throw pillows and tablecloths in fall colors to add warmth to your home. If you don’t already have these items, check the clearance section in stores like Target and Walmart for good deals. Look for scented candles in pumpkin pie and cinnamon apple scents or even make them yourself. These little things go a long way in making it feel like Fall in your home. Instead of wasting money on all of the decorations they put out this time of the year, try to find solid colored items that go with Fall but are not necessarily sold with the Fall decorations.
- If you are feeling creative and need some frugal ideas check out sites like Pinterest. You will find everything from centerpieces to wreaths that you can make to decorate your home for the season. You don’t need to spend an arm and a leg to bring the beauty of Fall into your home. Try out some of these frugal Fall decorating tips to get into the season and still save money. I love going to our local craft store to get ideas and pick up the items to make my own Fall wreath or centerpiece for half the price!
Looking for more Halloween ideas? Check out our 15 Quick & Easy Halloween treats and some cute Halloween printables you can use to decorate your house and also check out these FREE Pumpkin Carving templates and decorations:
- Disney Pumpkin Carving patterns
- Nick Jr. pumpkin carving patterns
- Celebrity pumpkin carving templates
- Scary templates
- 10 Printable Halloween Decorations