Pork Fried Rice Recipe
Here is a yummy Pork Fried Rice recipe. Listed below you will find all of the ingredients you need along with step by step instructions to making this delicious meal.
Pork Fried Rice
You can choose to make your own rice or you can do instant if it is easier. I recommend making the rice before you make the entire dish and letting it sit so that you can refrigerate the rice.
Pork Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1.25 pounds pork chops or pork tenderloin
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh carrots, diced
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared jasmine rice, refrigerated
Pork Fried Rice Directions:
- Steam carrots in the microwave with 1 tablespoon of water in a covered dish for 4.5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in large frying pan and sauté pork until golden and slightly firm. About 5 minutes.
- Season pork with 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Transfer pork to a large piece of foil and wrap so that the pork continues cooking.
- Whisk eggs together in small bowl and set aside. Melt butter in the same fry pan over medium high heat and add eggs like you are making an omelet.
- Break up the rice with a spoon. Once the eggs are about ½ way done, quickly add rice and work the rice into the eggs, making sure all clumps are gone.
- Quickly sprinkle rice with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and add pork, making sure any liquids from the pork are discarded.
- Add carrots and frozen peas and drizzle soy sauce over the fried rice. Add the remaining garlic powder and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Remove from heat, cover for 10 minutes and serve.
You can also try our Black Bean Soup, Shrimp Cobb Salad, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches or our Asian Chicken and Peppers. Make sure you checkout the Frugal Fanatic Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for even more DIY projects, recipes, saving money tips and more.