Thank you to our reader Melanie for this wonderful guest post!
Were you thinking of hosting a Halloween party this year, but you’re not sure you can afford it? You can host a really cool Halloween party without emptying your wallet. Check out our 10 savings tips for hosting a Halloween party.
Tips to Save Money:
1. Don’t spend extra money on invitations. Use social media or online invitations from Evite to invite people to the party. Kids can make handmade invitations for their friends.
2. You can buy almost all of your party supplies like paper goods and decorations from the dollar store. This can save a ton of money! Also, take a look at your local craft store and make your own decorations instead of paying the high price of commercial Halloween decorations.
3. Make your own costumes and have a Best Costume Contest.
4. Make it a potluck and ask everyone to bring a dish or beverage.
5. Plan your party for after dinner and only serve snack foods and beverages.
6. Have a scary movie on DVD playing in the background for great sound effects and visuals.
7. Make your own party favors and treat bags instead of buying pre-made ones.
8. Buy hard candy and lollipops instead of chocolate, they are less expensive.
9. Make a playlist on your MP3 player and hook it up to speakers for free party music.
10. Get creative with food; use Jello for slime, spaghetti for brains and grapes for eyeballs! This is cheaper and way more fun than ordering pizza.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to host a great Halloween party. You can be frugal and have fun at the same time! Use our 10 savings tips for hosting a Halloween party and have a blast on a budget.
Looking for more Halloween ideas? Check out our 15 Quick & Easy Halloween treats and some cute Halloween printables you can use to decorate your house and also check out these FREE Pumpkin Carving templates and decorations:
- Disney Pumpkin Carving patterns
- Nick Jr. pumpkin carving patterns
- Celebrity pumpkin carving templates
- Scary templates
- 10 Printable Halloween Decorations