Are you looking for some fun 4th of July Desserts to celebrate the holiday? Follow this easy recipe to make Tri-Color Patriotic Marshmallows or try our Patriotic Trifle Recipe.
These Patriotic Marshmallows are great to take to all of your 4th of July celebrations. Follow our easy directions and step by step instructions below. Also, read how you can teach your kids about the 4th of July.
4th of July Desserts: Tri-Color Patriotic Marshmallow Ingredients
- 6 oz. Wilton red chocolate candy melts
- 6 oz. Wilton blue chocolate candy melts
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 candy sticks (located with the Wilton items at major retailers)
- Patriotic sprinkles
- 2-3 glasses to stand the marshmallows up in after dipping in the chocolate
4th of July Desserts: Tri-Color Patriotic Marshmallow Directions
- In a microwave safe dish start by melting the red candy melts in 30 second increments. Stir after every 30 seconds and continue to microwave until melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes before dipping the marshmallows.
- Once the red chocolate is cooled, take one marshmallow at a time and dip ¼ of it into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip into the bowl and sprinkle with Patriotic sprinkles. Flip the marshmallow over and stand up on a plate to set. Repeat this step with the other marshmallows.
- Once the red chocolate is set, repeat step #1 by melting the blue chocolate. **Too speed up the drying process set the marshmallows in the fridge for 20 minutes and the chocolate will set a lot faster.
- Flip the dipped marshmallows over again and dip the bottom ¼ into the blue chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl. Take a candy stick and place in the bottom of the marshmallow on the blue side. Next sprinkle with Patriotic sprinkles.
Stand the fulyl decorated marshmallows up into the tall glasses and let set. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to speed of the process if you wish.
*Makes 12 servings. 1 marshmallow = 1 serving.