If you are a stay at home mom and are looking to bring some extra income into your household you can start by checking out these different ways to make money online. I have received a lot of emails from readers asking for specific jobs that could fit into a stay at home mom’s schedule. Keep in mind these are not gender specific jobs, and anyone can do these jobs.
When you are just starting out it can be hard to determine what is legit and what is not. So, I put together a list of eight different ways that you can make money online. I suggest starting with one and see if it works before trying to do all the jobs on this list.
Ways Moms Can Make Money Online:
1. Online Survey sites will not make you a full time income but you can earn a few dollars here and there. Even an extra $30 – $50 a month helps! Some people use a few different survey sites all year and cash out before the holidays. They use the money they earned for holiday gifts and have little to no out of pocket costs. You can check out my Top Survey Sites.
2. If you have experience and really love to write you can be a Freelance Writer. You can sell articles with varied topics depending on your client. A few good sites to look for freelance writing jobs are thewritelife, bloggingpro, odesk, elance and freealancewritinggigs. They do not charge you to look for jobs and they are legit.
3. If you have a knack for creating beautiful handmade items such as crafts or jewelry, you can earn money selling them on sites like Etsy. You can sign up to have your own “shop” and sell your items from the comfort of home. There are people who have made this their full time career. Take a closer look on how you can make money selling on etsy.
4. Is it your dream to be a blogger? It is simple to get started; decide what you want to blog about, come up with a name for your blog, get a website and you are ready. Now, keep in mind you will not make money over night. But, it is a legit way to make an income. Find out how to start a money making blog in minutes.
5. If you have administrative, clerical, graphic design or social media skills you may be a great fit as a Virtual Assistant. You would work from home, offering your skills to clients such as bloggers, small business owners and even other Virtual Assistants. The amount of money you make depends on your rate, how many clients you have and what hours you want to work. A great place to find VA work is through a blogger or you can check on Facebook groups.
6. If you have things in your home that are in excellent condition but you do not need or use them anymore you can list them on online auction sites like ebay or listia. You can list your items and set a starting bid with the auction running a certain amount of days. You would be surprised at how many people want to buy something that you no longer have use for. You can make a decent income depending on what you are selling and how many items you have to auction off. Ebay is also a great site to sell brand new items that you buy at wholesale and sell at less than retail price. If you do not want to ship the items you can consider selling on Craigslist.
7. If you are a Graphic Designer, you can make a great income from home. Whether your expertise is designing websites another area of graphic design, there are many ways to earn a living. You might have a client that is a blogger looking for someone to create their very first website or a small business that is looking for some awesome graphics to add to their already established website. You have a valuable set of skills that will benefit many different clients.
8. Now, you will not get rich being a Website Tester, but you can make a few extra dollars each month. These sites will usually pay you about $10 per test. You visit the website and perform certain actions usually while speaking into a microphone and answering certain questions about your experience with the website. If you register with more than one of these sites, you can double or triple your earnings.
There are legitimate ways for moms to make money online depending on your skill set and schedule. If you aren’t sure how you can make money while staying at home with your kids my list of 8 ways moms can make money
You may also like: