Have you ever made your own apple pie filling recipe? I try to incorporate fruit into our dessert recipes and I was recently trying to come up with apple recipes kids love. Then it dawned on me, why not make apple pie filling!
Not only could my kids help me make it, but I knew it would be delicious. Plus, it is more cost effective for us to make our own rather than purchasing it from the store.
Apple Pie Filling Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 cups sliced and peeled apples
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup warm Water
Apple Pie Filling Recipe Directions:
- Place your apple slices into a large bowl.
- Add the water and lemon juice and toss to prevent the apples from browning.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch and water until blended.
- Next, add the cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Add contents of apple slice bowl to a saucepan and cook over low-heat until apples are tender and soft.
- Allow to cool before putting in crust.
You should also check out:
Do you have any recommendations for apple recipes that kids will love?