If you are looking for easy crafts you can do with you kids then you definitely need to try these Caterpillar and Butterfly craft ideas. Do your kids love the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar? These are two easy crafts that go along with the book. Follow our directions below to have a fun-filled craft with your child.
Easy Crafts – The Very Hungry Caterpillar
I love these crafts for kids because you can read the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar and then do the crafts together to help teach them how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. This books is one of my boys’ all-time favorites.
Easy Crafts – Caterpillar
- You can cut the egg carton into as many sections as you feel necessary. In the picture we used half the egg carton but you can cut it into sections of three to make more out of one empty carton.
- Poke holes into one end of the egg carton. Paint the carton green. You can either have the kids do this or have it pre-done. Let dry.
- Kids can then decorate with pom-pom’s on the caterpillar’s back, glue the eyes and nose on and then add the pipe cleaners for the antennae. Let the kids get creative and make it how they want it to look.
Easy Crafts – Butterfly
- Coffee Filters
- Clothes Pins
- Pipe Cleaners
- Have kids take the coffee filter and draw on it to make a uniqiue design.
- Scrunch up the coffee filter by pinching the top to the bottom in the center of the filter. If necessary you can spray with water to make it easier to scrunch.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the center to hold it together.
- Put the clothes pin around the center of the filter and then wrap the pipe cleaner to top to make the two antennae.
You can also check out this cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Birthday Party!