Have you ever tried coming up with second job ideas to make extra money? Everyone struggles financially from time to time and sometimes the solution is to take on a second job. You can budget your money, scrimp and save but sometimes it is just not enough. I frequently talk about saving money and using a budget, but sometimes your main concern is just making sure you are able to pay your bills on time let alone building an emergency fund.
If you have decided that you need a second job but are not actually sure what kind of job you want to do, check out this list below. Instead of listing typical second job ideas that people get like working at a department store or fast food restaurant I came up with some jobs that you may never even thought about or considered. Here are 6 second job ideas to help figure out which option works best for you.
Uniques Second Job Ideas:
1. Do you have a garage, attic or basement filled with things that are in excellent condition that you just don’t need or want them anymore? There are a lot of online websites that you can make really good money selling new or used items like eBay or Craigslist. Most people find they have enough things to sell that they can make a nice chunk of change each time they list new items. If you do not have anything to sell, you can always consider purchasing items for wholesale prices or discounted items from garage sales. Read more about selling your used clothing online.
2. Do you make your own candles? Lip balm? Clothing? You can open up an Etsy shop and sell anything handmade. This can be a second job but some people make a full time income on Etsy. This is a great way to do something you love, show off your talents, and make some extra cash to supplement or replace your current income. The best part about this second job is that you can do it in your free time. You do not have a set amount of hours each day.
3. If you enjoy sports consider contacting a local athletic organizations to see if they have any umpire or referee jobs available. Some little league organizations pay umpires $25 per game and they average 2 games on Saturday, 2 games on Sunday and 1 or 2 games during the week. If you love sports then get paid for having a good time!
4. Get paid for writing by becoming a freelance writer or ghost writer. Be prepared to show samples of your writing to prospective clients. Both of these second job ideas will require a lot of writing so be sure you enjoy it before applying.
5. If you love helping people, consider offering a local service in your area to elderly people or anyone else that may need your help. You could offer services to help run errands, grocery shop, do laundry or complete other services they may need done you have some elderly neighbors you can offer a service to them. This can be a very big help and a great convenience to older people who are finding it hard to get out sometimes.
6. Put out the word that you are offering part time baby sitting. One or two kids for a few hours during the week or weekend can be a perfect second job. If you have kids, babysitting can be fun for them too. They get to socialize and make new friends and you get to earn some extra cash while being home with them. Read more about running your own daycare from home.
If you are just looking to make some extra money on the side I would recommend:
At first it may be difficult to decide what type of second job is for you. Consider trying out some of these 8 ideas for a second job if you aren’t sure which direction to go in. Think of things that you enjoy and are good at doing and take it from there. Before you know it you’ll have the second job of your dreams.