Below you will find 5 stay at home mom jobs that can potentially help you earn an income.
If you are a stay at home mom you might be looking for a work at home job so that you can be home with your kids and still bring in an income. You may have the drive and motivation but you just aren’t sure of what kind of job you should do. What job would work for you and be a good fit for your family? There are a lot of things to take into consideration when starting to work from home. You may want to take some time and answer the following questions:
- How many hours could I work a day?
- What jobs would I want to complete?
- How much money would I like to make?
- Do I have money to invest for a start-up business?
As a stay at home Mom, one of my favorite ways to make money online is through Ebates. They give you cash back for your online purchases and even offer an awesome referral program that gives you the option to make bonuses. Even though it is not a full-time income, I did make more than $450 from them! I also earn extra money each month by filling out online survey with Inbox Dollars. They even give you a $5 just for signing-up!
I do make a full-time income from my blog and I have listed that as one of the 5 stay at home mom jobs below.
5 Stay At Home Mom Jobs:
1. Have you always been a great photographer? You can make money by selling stock photos online. Or, you can do newborn photo sessions or family portraits. You can work the days and hours that you choose and still be at home with your family. There is a lot of competition in trying to sell stock photos, but with really great photos you can set yourself apart from others. This is a great stay at home mom job because you would not need to have set hours. You could spend an entire day taking good pictures and then upload them to your account. Find out more about making money by selling stock photos.
2. Are you creative or enjoy making little DIY projects? I know a lot of people who make great money selling their homemade items and/or printables on Etsy. This is a fun job you can do from home because you can get paid for completing projects that you enjoy making. Take some time to look over their site and see what items other people sell. You will be pleasantly surprised!
3. If you have specific skills to offer such as secretarial, graphic design, writing or social media expertise you would be a great Virtual Assistant. You can offer your specialized skills to all different types of businesses. You can choose the hours that you work to fit around your family’s schedule and make a decent living doing it. A virtual assistant is exactly how it sounds, someone who assists online. You will need to have internet service and be able to complete the tasks necessary. I’ve had virtual assistant help me with my blog doing tasks such as social media promotion, editing, content management and many other jobs. You can search some of your favorite blogs to see if they are hiring or check job postings on elance. Also, check out this work from home interview series: graphic design.
4. You can start a blog. It won’t make money overnight but if you put the time and work in it every day, you can earn a pretty good living. Decide what you want to blog about, choose a name for your blog and see if it’s available. Blogging is an excellent way to make an income from home, but it takes time. As a stay at home mom you can really help other moms out there by showing them that they are not alone. I love connecting with my audience and building relationship. Keep in mind having a blog is by no means a ‘get rich quick’ idea. This work from home job will also require a small investment for hosting fees, securing your domain and a few other costs, but you are potentially starting a business which can be much more profitable in the long-run.
5. There are a lot of legit companies that hire at home workers. You can choose your schedule and if you want to work part time or full time. Cloud 10 and Teletech are 2 reputable companies. Jobs can include taking inbound calls or making outbound calls. The companies that you work for are well known businesses. All you need to get started is a computer with internet and a telephone. You can also search some of your favorite companies online to see if they are hiring. For example, you can get a job at 1-800-FLOWERS.com working from home. You just need to look. You may be surprised to see the small jobs that you can complete for money at home from larger companies.
You can even consider a home based business like Young Living Essential Oils. Still looking for other ways to work from home? Check out my eBook Real Ways to Make Money from Home. This book goes into depth about 12 different ways that you can earn a full-time income from home without having to work 40 hours a week.
When deciding on a stay at home mom job, think of things that you love to do and things that you are good at. What service can you offer? What hours do you want to work? You can also check out this awesome book You Can Be A Stay At Home Mom on One Income. Hopefully, one of these 5 stay at home mom jobs will work for you.