Are you ready to get serious about blogging? Want to know how to take your blog to the next level?
As most of you know, blogging can be extremely overwhelming and time consuming. Like any other business out there, you need to put in the time, effort, and work to run a successful blog.
I have learned a lot over the past few years and have definitely made a TON of mistakes along the way. Honestly, there is not a right or wrong way to blog. But, there are better practices and ways to take your blog the next level.
I receive a lot of questions about what you can do when you are ready to take your blog from a hobby to a business. Getting serious about blogging was one of the things that helped me to grow my blog. Like most bloggers, it started as a hobby. Whenever I made the decision to actually try and devote time to build my blog was when I started to see my hardwork paying off. Before that, I was not committed. My mindset played a major role in the growth of my blog.
The list you will find below is short and simple, but it will give you the kick in the butt that you need! You may ‘think’ you are doing a lot of these things already, but really focus on each item below. If you do not yet have a blog and are interested in getting started you can read my tutorial on how to start a blog
Also, I would recommend you check out my Start a Blog in 5 Days FREE course. It will provide you with the foundation you need to run a successful blog.
Whether you just started your blog, or have been blogging for years and are ready to kick-start it and get serious, I urge you to look over the items below. This list will help you to prepare your blog and take it to the next level.
1. Take the time to think about your blog and figure out why you are blogging, and what you are blogging about. What makes you unique? How can you standout from other blogs?
2. Keep the design simple and clean. When someone lands on your blog are they able to quickly navigate your site? Is it easy to understand what your blog is about?
3. Make a flow chart of your topics and categories. Do all of your posts have a place to be categorized on your blog? Hone in on your topics and narrow it down to the topics that are appealing to your target audience. Naturally, they should be things that you enjoy writing about.
4. Who is your target audience? Think of your ideal reader and write to them in each post. Are you fulfilling their needs by solving their problems or answering their common questions?
5. Make your posts easy to read. Use short paragraphs and sentences to make it easier to follow along. Keep your writing style conversational and even include lists and bullet points so that your readers can easily skim your articles.
6. All of your images need to be good! Your posts need to have a pinnable or shareable image for different social networks. Go back and re-do old content to update any photos that are not clear and support your posts.
7. Promote ALL of your posts. Do not forget about the posts in your archives. Take the time to promote or schedule old posts that are relevant.
8. You need to engage with your audience. Answer questions and reply back on your social media accounts. Your readers want to build a relationship with you and by showing them that you are available and willing to keep the conversation going will go a long way.
9. Guest post, guest post, guest post! I cannot stress the importance of guest posting.
10. If you are really serious then take the time to create a business plan for your blog. Set achievable goals and create a plan of attack. Write down your blog’s mission statement and values.
11. Post frequently. Whether it is once a week or five times a week, keep it consistent. Your readers will learn to expect a certain frequency of posts.
12. Use an editorial calendar. Having an editorial calendar has so many benefits from keeping you on track to providing motivation. If you are serious about blogging you need to have a content management plan.
13. Invest in yourself and your blog. If you really want to take your blog to the next level then it is important that you spend money to make improvements and continuing your education. Blogging changes frequently so you need to invest in yourself to stay on top of new trends and developments.
14. Have a schedule and daily routine. Treat your blog like any other job. If you have to, make set hours and designate certain times of the day for particular tasks.
15. Make new friends. Network with other bloggers and create a tribe or mastermind group.
If you would like to find out more details about taking your blog to the next level and blogging your way to a full-time income then check out my new book Breakthrough. This book will walk you through step-by-step what it takes to create a successful blog and viable business.
I would love to hear some of your tips and ideas for people to use when they are ready to get serious about blogging and take it to the next level.