Tips On How To Save Money:
- Go through all of the kids clothes and see what can be used for another school year. Put those items to the side to be worn again.
- If your kids got a little taller over the summer, consider modifying certain things to get more use out of them. A dress that is a little too short can be paired with leggings for a new look. Pants that are too short can be cut to make capris.
- Trade the items that are still in good condition but no longer wearable for your kids at a consignment store to get gently used clothing with no out of pocket cost. You can also sell the clothing on sites like e-Bay or Craigslist and use the money towards new school clothes.
- Shop online. Sign up at the site before shopping because many sites will send you a coupon for a percentage off your first order. Make sure you check your email before checking out. Be sure to check Ebates first so that you can earn money back on every purchase!
- When you are shopping always check the sales racks and especially the clearance racks. You can often find similar items to what you need at a deeply discounted price.
- Shop at outlet and overstock stores. TJ Maxx and Marshall’s have great deals on clothing and accessories. Outlet stores offer pretty good discounts on the same items selling in department stores for a lot more.
- Stick to a budget and allow each child to have 1 items that is considered a splurge. No matter how tempted you are, do not overspend. Bring cash with you and leave credit and debits cards at home so you can’t go over your set budget.
- Back to school shopping can be expensive but it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Use some of our tips to save money on school clothes and get the most bang from your buck!
Also check out:
Do you have any tips on how to save money on school clothes, please share in the comments below!