Here is a delicious Vegetable Lasagna recipe to try! If you like lasagna you will love experimenting with this vegetarian recipe.
Below you will find a list of the ingredients needed as well as step-by-step directions so you can make this vegetable lasagna too!
Vegetable Lasagna Ingredients:
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchini, sliced long ways
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded mozzarella
- 12-15 no boil lasagna noodles
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Vegetable Lasagna Directions:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On two large baking sheets, lay out zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms in a single layer. Oil and season. Flip, and repeat. Roast vegetables for 12-20 minutes or until al dente. Remove from oven and layer vegetables between several paper towels to absorb moisture. This will prevent lasagna from being watery. Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Sauté peppers in oil over medium high heat until soft.
- Spread approximately 1 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish. Layer four to 5 lasagna noodles in a single layer over sauce. Spread a thin layer of sauce over noodles. Place the zucchini over the sauce in a thin layer. Repeat with the mushrooms. Spread another thin layer of sauce over the vegetables. Place four to five more noodles over the sauce. Spoon or pipe the ricotta cheese over the noodles and spread evenly like cake icing. Place four more noodles over the cheese. Spread a thin layer of sauce over the noodles. Spread the peppers over the sauce and top the peppers with a single layer of eggplant. Spread the remainder of sauce over the eggplant and top with mozzarella. Sprinkle with dried oregano to garnish.
- Cover with foil and bake 60-75 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until mozzarella is melted.
Tip: Assemble the lasagna in the morning or at lunch time and then cover and refrigerate until it is time to bake.
Here are some other great recipes to try:
Have you ever made vegetable lasagna or another lasagna recipe, please share in the comments below.